The 3P HydroShark® is the a German particle filter with real teeth. Design to remove Filterable Substances (TSS) from rain water run off, the hydroshark boasts a number of key features such as:
- Simple maintenance using conventional road gully sucking equipment
- No head loss, level inverts
- No blocking is possible
- Wide variety of connection possibilities
- Designed for installation into a wide variety of chambers, including Concrete, PE and GRP
- Design certification and testing
- Patented design
- NJDEP 2015 & 2020
- NRW Trennerlass (independent German lab & field test)
- 15 year Warranty
How it works
- The incoming storm water is deflected into a radial flow pattern, a swirl separation technology.
- Solids settle down into the sludge chamber, floatables are retained at the surface.
- Solids are retained in the sludge chamber below the treatment chamber. Remobilisation of retained solids is not possible, flow baffles and an isolation grill prevent this. Test data proves this.
- Cleaned water flows up the outer chamber in an even flow distribution. Because of the toothed weir, the Sharks teeth ensure no short circuit pathways are possible.
- Water flows evenly over the toothed balancing weir to the annular space surrounding the treatment chamber. The absence of one outlet pipe from the treatment chamber room prevents preferential pathways being generated within the treatment zone, even at high flows.
- Clean treated storm water passes over the teeth to the outlet collection channel, and discharges to the water environment or the next SUDS Treatment Train stage.