The Downstream Defender® is an advanced hydrodynamic vortex separator that provides impressive and reliable removals of fine and coarse particles, hydrocarbons and floatable debris from stormwater runoff, delivering high levels of treatment over a wide range of flow rates.
The Downstream Defender® is one of the Hydro StormTrain® Series of stormwater treatment systems which can be used independently or as part of a surface water treatment train.
Available in a range of sizes, it can function as either pre-treatment or as a standalone device. The Downstream Defender® has large storage volumes for pollutants captured from stormwater runoff whilst also offering protection to watercourses from accidental spills of oil/light liquids.
The Downstream Defender® has been independently tested, verified and approved.
- Fine particles
- Floatable debris
- Liquid and sediment bound hydrocarbons
- Sediment bound heavy metals
- Sediment bound nutrients
The Downstream Defender® reliably treats runoff from any impermeable surfaces including highways, car parks and industrial areas:
- As part of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS), Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD), LID or LEED systems.
- Areas where high solids and trash/litter capture are a must.
- Control of silting upstream of wetlands, ponds and basins